New desks were about to be fitted, and this time there were no boards to hide the cabling, so we had to find another way to hide the cables. We opted for the optional cable management grill for this desk model. It proved to be a bit too narrow, but we managed to fit all the cabling and power distribution inside it.
We used power strips that connect between each other with special link cables, so no power sockets were "lost" in the process of interconnecting them.
There were three clusters of desks and for each of these a gigabit networking switch was used to minimize the amount of cabling from the wire closet to the desks. All of those switches were compact enough to be placed under the desks. Six additional phones had to be installed and because of that, we needed to run some more cabling. The office layout was slightly changed so we moved a few Ethernet outlets in the process as well.
All desktop stations are marked with unique ID label so we used these IDs and reprogrammed the PBX to match the phone extensions corresponding to each desk. This simplifies the extension mappings and simplifies any further management.
Every tower connects to two monitors and to free up some desk space we installed twin monitor arm for each workplace. Towers were suspended under the desks with strap holders which allowed for some extra leg room.
Some of the desks were designated for laptop users. On those desks we installed docking stations so the laptops can use two external monitors and have extra ports for peripheral devices. We also had to add six more computers, install the proper software and connect them to the server and the printers in the office.
We had no way of doing all that in a day with two people on the site, so we worked through the weekend to complete the job and have the office ready for Monday morning.