The following tasks had to be completed before the next Monday:
relocating the server, telephone system and communication rack
adding another CCTV camera, microphone.
moving BT line, Broadband and cable TV line
assemble the worktops for the office
We went to B&Q to get the worktops and have them cut to size, we also got end caps, furniture legs, pretty much everything except grommets for the cables. We ordered those online. The assembly took us almost a day and we used the rest of that day for running some of the CCTV, phone line and broadband cabling.
Communication rack had to be placed conveniently so it wouldn't be in peoples' way and at the same time be near all the main service lines, so we picked the best corner of the room and placed it there. On the second day we moved all the workstations, ran all the Cat5 cabling to them using trunking to hide any visible cables. We also connected the printer and made sure all of the computers have access to all the services as before. The phone system was installed and tested as well.
Two days was all it took to finish the job and when we visited the customer's office on Monday to check if all is well, we got another job of relocating yet another company in the same building. This job was a bit bigger as we needed to move five workstations, two ISDN lines, one phone line and a phone PBX. There was also a TV in the office that needed external aerial TV antenna installed.
We started working on Saturday and by the end of the day it was all done and tested.The most difficult part was to get all BT ISDN lines and the phone line relocated in the new office. Luckily, this room had a networking infrastructure already in place so we didn't waste time running cables to each workplace. The aerial TV antenna line took a bit more time as well, but in the end it wasn't all that much.