There were still signs of life beneath the shattered glass of the digitizer, so we decided that it's worth running diagnostics and try restoring it to working condition. Upon opening it, we discovered a bent motherboard and proceeded to remove it along with all the other components. With the rear housing completely empty of all its parts it was time to straighten those unwanted curves. Fortunately the metal survived the stress from undoing the damage, so it was time to get everything back inside and test it.
There was a decent chance for some of the components on the motherboard to have been damaged or at least the connection between them and the motherboard, so we had to test every single functionality and keep an eye for any unusual behavior. A couple of charge cycles later we were convinced that no problems were present and the client was notified that his phone is ready for pickup. Needless to say, he was quite happy with the result and it only took us a couple of days with all the testing.